PHP Software Developer
We're seeking an experienced software developer who's into clean, decoupled, and well-commented code that's accompanied by unit tests. Someone who is low maintenance, high-performing, and has a knack for solving complex programming challenges. Someone with a desire to continue learning and growing in a progressive work environment. Does this sound like you? Read on...
About the Job
We touch a lot of different technologies and need developers who know them or are eager to learn. As a software developer at Zing, you'll be tasked with building highly customized business applications and APIs using modern frameworks, and you'll be expected to dive deep into existing codebases to expand functionality or troubleshoot problems.
In this position you will:
- Use your knowledge of design patterns to write performant, maintainable PHP code
- Deliver tested, fully-functional features that delight our customers (and our customers' customers)
- Engage with clients to understand how their needs translate into software requirements
- Stay current with industry developments and incorporate new technology when applicable
- 2+ years PHP programming experience (including OO)
- 2+ years database experience, preferably with MySQL
- Familiarity and comfort developing on and for Linux environments
- Implementing Photoshop or XD designs
- Yarn, npm, webpack, and/or encore
- PHPUnit or Codeception
- Gherkin / Cucumber
- Agile methodologies
At this time, while our Longmont offices are open, we're encouraging remote work and anticipate fully returning to our offices in Q3, or whenever it becomes safe to do so. As such, we're looking for candidates local to Denver / Boulder / Fort Collins.
The base salary range for this position is $60k - $95k DOE. Including benefits (see below), overall compensation ranges from $78k to $116k. Final compensation will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, and certifications.
Zing Studios is a group of LAMP developers with a 19-year track record of delivering awesome custom web sites and applications. We're located in Longmont, CO just a few miles outside of Boulder; our clients are all over the map and include natural products, technology, financial services, law, real estate, food and beverage, and a whole bunch of other industries.
We believe in maintaining a healthy work-life balance. We don't have a "work hard, play hard" philosophy; we have a "schedule sanely, work efficiently, and enjoy your family and hobbies philosophy."
We believe a software shop should be filled with software developers. Everyone who is part of our small team has a technical background in software development.
We believe in collaboration. No superheroes here. Work directly with our clients and the Zing team to plan and build the best software possible.
Here's the nitty-gritty on how things work at Zing (at least, in a normal year without Covid)...
- Choose your own Linux distro, IDE, and support software-- we want you to be effective as you're coding, not boxed into some corporate IT setup.
- We'll throw 10% on top of your salary for a SEP-IRA retirement package... no match required. Yes, 10%.
- How about we pay 100% of your premiums on one of the best health plans around, and help you with up to 30% of your family's premiums?
- Start things off right with a furniture budget for your office space at Zing so you can deck it out as you please. Sorry, we don't have cubicles here. And no open floor plan, either. Our offices have doors. And windows.
- Everyone knows two monitors are better than one. We'll give you big dual widescreens for your office AND home. After all, you'll be working from home on Fridays.
- Need to run an errand or take off a little early for that ski weekend? No problem; we have flex time.
- No one wants to wait a year to hear how they're doing, so we have performance reviews (and raises) every six months.
- Bi-annual bonuses? Check.
- Feel the satisfaction of working directly with clients on the entire project, not just one piece. Team up with one or two other devs here, and work together to figure out how to turn requirements into code.
- Comfortable and casual is the way we dress. Goofy t-shirts are a thing, and socks are optional.
- Slamming out code is great, but sometimes we all need a break. Play some pong or the arcade cabinet during the workday, and hang out with the team at our company-sponsored dinners, trips, and parties. Oh, and Zing picks up the tab for our weekly company lunches.
Sound like a fit? Please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you in 24 hours.